Monday, July 18, 2005

All that Prodigal Crap Aside...

I'm back. Crazy busy, but back. Many photos, some FO's, some new projects, it's all happening. First, the Baby Dragon Hoodie that is for my plant manager. Actually, it is for her baby, which I now discover is actually TWINS!!! I'm not making another Dragon Hoodie, (it's not the pattern, which rules, as everything Marnie MacLean does seems to, but me, as I HATE instarsia.) I had hoped that this project might teach me to learn to love weaving in ends, and other intarsia oddities. But no. Fair Isle=OK. Intarsia=Icky. Ah well... Said ends:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is Lamb's Pride in Limeade and some other color I lost the ball band to ages ago. The back, with it's uber-cute "backbone" crocheted on...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the Front, without the zipper. I am considering not adding the zipper. 1) I am sick of this project and 2) They live in Charlotte, NC. It is hot there, even in October.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've also purchased this, which will become Rogue #2 for me. It is Peruvian Highland Wool from Elann, in blueberry (which I have been referring to since high school as "school-color-blue." It's been 11 years. I can almost face the color again LOL.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've already done one, loved the pattern. But it came out too small because I did not measure myself and underestimated the liklihood of my ability to remain alive in Arctic waters. In any case, it is now property of my old college roommate, who is married to my best friend from high school. We really aren't close enough to make her a sweater, but she's a seamstress, and it might help to thaw the waters a bit. Anyway. Also for me, because I am a glutton...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's the beginning of Mariah, in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Mist, which is steel grey. The photo's actually not bad color-wise. I'm liking the pattern so far, no changes.

Last but not least, since I promised FO's, here is the completed Shapely Tank. Also a great pattern. Done in Noro Shinano. Yes, I know it's an odd yarn choice for a tank top. But This yarn could not decide what to become and now that it is something, it will stay :) Ball or two left, though, so no idea what to do with the rest. Ah well...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

that is a REALLY cute hoodie!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home