Thursday, May 12, 2005

This is Insanity, This could be the end. . .


(10 points to whoever guess the relavance of the song lyric in the title to this entry LOL...)
I got this on Ebay, from the seller Yarnbow. (Great EBay transcation btw, THANKS!) The plan was to see if I could get gauge with Silk Garden instead of Kureyon for DoR (which is what I am calling Dibs-on-Ribs, see below :) ) and it worked out wonderfully! I am going to make it a little longer than the pattern and do three-quarter length sleeves because I am incapable of making anything as written LOL. Actually, this sweater is FLYING off the needles. (You realize, by the way, that I have totally just jinxed myself) I've got one side of the lower half done- the construction is kind of cool. The body below the yoke is knit side-to-side in two pieces. You start knitting in the center of the back, and work around to the center front. Then make a second identical piece. Seam them together & use the provisional cast on to work the inserts. The yoke is knit bottom up- you cast on the length of the sleeves and then pick up across the body, casting on again for the other sleeve. You knit up to the sholders, and do the same for the back. The shoulder seam actually extends down both arms...

Anyway, cool pattern. . . Pictures to follow soon. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Heh- that's from the lesser known Ramones song, "Noro Silk Garden of Serenity"! What a neat sweater; can't wait to see yours!

Grace

6:23 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

sound like it wil be very nice!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home