Monday, April 18, 2005

Blue Jean, I Just Met a Girl Named...

So I am almost through the first ball of ribbon yarn in the X-Back tank (color: Blue Jeans). I am also working through a KItty Pi bed I am trying to finish ASAP because this weekend we are taking home a cat! Hi name is Tiger and he is 13! He needed a good home, and we wanted a cat. I felt terrible about a 13 year old cat being up for adoption- so many people only want kittens. I will force my husband to bring home his digital camera that lives at work so I can post some pictures when we get him home.

Ugh. I am never moving again. I feel like we've moved 300 times- it's been 4 times in the last 4 years. And he's not even in the Marines anymore! Actually, it's my fault- the first move was for grad school, the second to escape a terrible apartment, the third after I left grad school, and the fourth to FINALLY get back to Jersey. Anyway, every time we move, some credit card, cell phone, etc. company forgets to send us bills. Then, after I realize it 2 months later, and call, they have the new address on file but apparantly the mail has eaten the bills on their way here. My husband just got a $300 cell phone bill, which is supposed to be paid for by his company, but since he has started this position (2 months+) they have no cut a single reimbursement check. Don't ever let anyone tell you working for a big company is better! I get mine from my tiny company in less than a week.

That being said I guess I should have bought a $500 amp a week or so ago but it sounds sooo sweet. Speaking of sounding sweet, we just make plans to go see Social D again (4th time this tour), and see B.B. King. I love living in civilization where concerts actually come. Keep your fingers crossed we can get Bruce tickets. Not likely given the size of the venues but...

Anyway. I took "Viking Patterns for Knitting" out of the library, along with "Knitting the Old Way" and "Knitting on the Edge." So far of the three, the first & third are on my list to buy. I haven't had time to even open "Knitting the Old Way," so we'll see about that one. I LOVE Elsebeth Lavold. I NEED to get some of her patterns & make them. Soon. "Knitting on the Edge" is inspirational. I have the "Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns" and combining the two makes me want to design more sweaters than I could knit in years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home