Friday, April 15, 2005

It's been a while...

I know, I know. It's been forever. Things have been a little crazy here, travel for work has really picked up. I don't mind the travel exactly, but I always miss being home if I'm gone for more than a day. I never sleep well on the road... Anyway. Yesterday a ex-boyfriend who is also an old friend of my husband called us out of the blue & dropped by. Now this was not a "casual ex." I dated him for almost 7 years- all through high school & college. After we broke up, we stayed friends (honestly) for a while, but when I started dating my husband, he stopped talking to us. A mutual friend's wedding almost a year ago now was the first we'd seen or heard from him in 6 years. Since he lives out of state, we hadn't seen him since. The story has a happy ending, but you know, it's just one of those odd social situations. I am exhausted. I am so glad that my life no longer has drama. At almost 30, you'd think we'd be done with that stuff :)

Anyway- as far as knitting goes, I am doing the usual- not finishing anything. Actually, that's a lie- we are adopting a cat soon & I made him the feline dim sum from Knitty's archives. It's catnip stuffed egg roll & dumpling. I used the Kool-Aid dyed wool from KnitPicks. But the Lady Elenor is still going, as is the seaweed stole. The Chevron Tank is on hold until I replace the needles I lost in airport security. I also started a Kitty Pi bed for our new cat. He's almost 13! We'll have him in a few weeks. Keep your fingers crossed my allergies don't freak.

I also started the X Back Tank in the new Knitty. It's a ribbon yarn, and I never thought I'd like knitting with it but it's pretty cool so far. I'm using a white ribbon that has blue binding thread. The color was called "Blue Jeans."

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I never sleep well on the road either! Something about hotel beds....

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home