Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Broken *&^#%$!* Camera....

Ok. So it's been a while. A long while. But I did not want to be guilty of publishing boring entries and my camera, alas, is no more. So I will have to be descriptive instead. The seaweed stole is on hold until the beads get here and I find or purchase an itsy bitsy crochet hook. Been working on the Lady Elanor Entrelac Stole from Scarf Style, using Noro Kureyon. It's a pretty green-purple-yellow-brown colorway, sort of fall like. Color 88, for those keeping track. It's about 10 inches long at the moment, and as my first foray into Entrelac, I'm liking it. Doesn't seem like the most flexible of techniques, but the stole/scarf thing is really pretty. The Kureyon is such a great yarn for this pattern.

Also, started Son of A.R.A.N., which is an aran of my own (with a lot of help from this page) design. I am using the pinkish red Kool Aid experimental yarn, which would have been another Rogue if the color had taken up evenly. All that stockinette in Rogue would have really highlighted the unevenness. (Is that a word?)

Also have a handwarmer from Last Minute Knitted Gifts on the needles. Pattern listed Cash Iroha (can you tell I am a Noro ho? LOL) and suprise, two skeins sitting in my stash. It's a traveling 2 x 2 rib that spirals around the handwarmer. Cute. One is done, the other has like 6 rows done. Maybe this will be like my attempt at socks last year. I finished 3 of them. All for my left foot!!!

Other than knitting, Jersey, our English Bulldog is sleeping on the futon in my office. While I am not really enjoying the working from home thing so far, it's nice being able to work with my dog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home