Tuesday, April 26, 2005

1...2...3...Repeater

OK. So it turns out that 50 does not divide evenly by 20 (Don't laugh at me!!) so I don't know whether this will be 30 more things, or 20 more things, to be contined by 10 more things eventually. :)

21. I love peanut butter flavored things but hate the way real peanut butter sticks to my tongue & the roof of my mouth.
22. I hate it when my food touches each other.
23. I paniced when I thought I lost my cell phone on a recent business trip. I am ashamed of my level of terror at the thought of this event. I could sit here trying to justify it, but that would probably make it even more pathetic.
24. My boss invited me & my husband to his son's wedding. I am not going because I don't really know them that well, and don't want to travel 700 miles to see this event. I realize this is not...politic...but I don't really care that much.
25. I used to do gymnastics competitvely, until I was about 15 or so. Then I grew a chest. This was rather upsetting to me at the time.
26. Despite having various shades of green, blue & purple hair in high school, I was a "joiner" at the time. I did stage crew for almost all the productions, played in every music ensemble, was a cheerleader (!), twirled baton, sang in chorus (badly!), did science league, was on yearbook staff, in the creative writing club, gifted & talented group, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Being involved in school activities was not "cool" where I grew up.
27. I didn't care what they thought, not even at 13.
28. Speaking of which, I hated New Kids on the Block.
29. I still don't like most pop music. Sting I can tolerate, although I think his level of musicianship elevates him above typical "pop." Also, I don't mind Billy Joel or Bruce Springsteen (I'm a sucker for a good songwriter with something to say, especially if they are talking about home) even though most people would call them pop if forced to choose a catagory.
30. That being said I think we have had Social Distortion stuck in permanent rotation on the CD players for the past 6 months. That & Ness' solo stuff, which I really like & didn't think I would because I have no country background. Then again, I guess rockabilly is where us old punks go to die LOL ;)
31. My upstairs neighbor leaves us all the junk mail addressed to occupant. Both copies. This really annoys me.
32. The smell of Hazelnut coffee makes me nauseous.
33. I fly a lot for work, but I still get a little nervous during takeoff and landing.
34. I almost always have a CD playing. The best thing about working from home is it doesn't matter if other people think my music is obnoxious.
35. I took a class as part of a requirement when I was doing my MS. The professor counted spelling on our quizzes, and I got an A- in the class. This blew the 4.0 I had for my MS. My undergrads called the same professor "Chucky" after the little psycho doll from the movies. After I heard this, I had a hard time looking at the guy with a straight face.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

My 2ยข - Your boss doesn't want you to attend...he wants you to send a present! Typical wedding invitation manuever...he knows you aren't going to go that far to see his kid married, but maybe you'll feel bad enough to send a gift.

Post a sign about how it is illegal to put something in someone's mailbox if you aren't a US Postal Service employee. This is true.

But the Chucky thing is great!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh, hey...found you via Knittyboard.

KD

2:21 PM  
Blogger In Stitches said...

I suppose I should explain he looks like Chucky- short, weird haircut, etc. I'd post his picture if I didn't feel bad about it- he's a enough enough guy but the man is the DEFINITION of anal-retentive. He specifies the font you use on papers in his classes- and takes points off if you don't comply LOL.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home