Monday, April 25, 2005

Well, It Ain't No Use in Sitting Wondering Why...

I've got strange stitches going on here folks. I'm working on a slipper/sock type thing and I've noticed my stockinette is slanted. Not biased, no twisted stitches, just slanted. Instead of forming pretty "V" shapes, they form odd, non-symmetrical "\|" shapes. I know, I know, I need to find something else to worry about LOL. But considering how rententive I can be, that is unlikely. So...why does it do this? Anyone know? Possible relevant info: I knit English style, this is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted- and yes, this problem is always more noticable in my knitting when I am using a single ply. I don't do anything odd relative to the way I wrap the yarn, etc. Ideas? Anyone?

Re: the cat- pictures to come. He's 21 POUNDS!!! He's definitley a big boy, and a talker. Right now he lives in the basement, give him some time to become aquainted with his litter box and avoid the dog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Do not worry about these slanted stitches. Really. Especially with Lamb's Pride. It always looks like that, even from my knitting machine! It's just an artifact of the way it's been spun. A plied yarn is less apt to lean this way because the tensions of the plies balance out. A singles yarn will look like this.

10:49 AM  
Blogger In Stitches said...

Elizabeth, you rule. I now know why this is happening! I wonder if the yarn had an "S" spin instead of a "Z" spin, would they slant the other way?

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home