Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Finshed Object!!!

OK, you already knew Dibs on Ribs was finished, but here's the pictures to prove it!




The entire sweater here. I changed a few things. The obvious- this is Silk Garden, not Kureyon. I cast on enough stitches for the bottom "tube" to make the largest size, in hope of getting a slightly longer sweater (that part is knit from side-to-side.) It partially worked, but the sweater is still slightly shorter than I would like. I also only made 3/4 length sleeves.




Here's the end of the sleeve. The knitted inserts here & at the bottom of the body were also changed- the pattern specified how many stitches to pick up but I just picked up as many as I felt necessary to prevent gapping or puckering. I'm glad, too, because I was not even close to the number they suggested. Bottom front here.




The neckline had a crochet edging which I did as written, 1 row single crochet, and one row reverse single crochet. I like the edging- I'd never done reverse single crochet, but I think it came out ok.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Pretty!!!

I <3 Noro. I think we need to see a pic of you modeling it, though!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

How gorgeous! Totally love it. Awesome job and great colorway.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hey! It appears you are my neighbor in the knittyheads webring! I wanted to compliment you on the sweater, it is absolutely stunning. That pattern is very cool. Great work!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

I just made a Dibs on Ribs for the Knitting Olympics. Yours looks great in the Silk Garden.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home