Tuesday, May 17, 2005

12XU

Sorry for all the obscure song references...(Did Wire ever put out an albumn of their own? Everything I have is on some compilation or another...) Anyway. The X-Back is no more. Like everyone else on the X-Back Knit Along here my tank was like 9 sizes too big. I even swatched this time, but still... I swatched again, trying it with the same needles, in an attempt to determine that perhaps I was unable to measure the first swatch accurately. This came out to gauge. Ok. Maybe if I wash it? No dice- I did that too, it's still the same size. I am too discouraged to cast on all those stitches & begin knitting a too-large tank again. GRRRRR. Obviously this is not the pattern's fault, as many people have used it to produce a wearable object. I think I will try a different pattern, but in this yarn.

In other news, DoR is progressing quite quickly. However, I think I hit my first snag. Since I like longer sweaters, I made the bottom in the largest size- it is knit side to side, so I stopped when the circumference was right for me, and simply knit wider, which will translate to longer. To ease my paranoia at running out of yarn, I decided that three-quarter length sleeves would be just the thing.

I have ripped & re-done one side of the front 3 times now. I cast off, thinking it was finally right. It is not. The shoulders are short-rowed, but not the way shoulders usually are. Cutting length off the sleeves is not as straightforward at it appeared because I now no longer have enough length to make the short-rowing gradual.

I am avoiding a certain word I often use in frustration, but if you know me, you'll guess what I am thinking (and I didn't say it as much in public when we lived in Charlotte.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home